Thank you for helping us to help Londoners during this challenging period. As the Mayoral and Assembly elections have been postponed , we have paused all campaigning and are focussing our efforts on helping the most vulnerable during the Coronavirus outbreak.
A central theme of Siobhan Benita's London campaign was the power of kindness, so it’s heartening to see how many of our members want to help others. Making these “Calling with Kindness” phone calls is one important way we can identify people who might be struggling at this time.
You will need access to the party's phone banking system, Connect, to make calls. Please contact Tim to get access on email@example.com
We have also collated together a directory of useful Coronavirus resources and all the Boroughs helpline:
|Resources & Helplines|
Here are the current VPBs
Technical setup info further down.
|Kensington & Chelsea||Borough||
|Hammersmith & Fulham||Borough||
|Twickenham & Richmond||Borough||
Technical Setup info for team members:
Steps to create your phone bank:
- Click "Create a new List". Use the "Districts" tab to select the Local Authority and, if you wish you can also specify a ward.
- Under the "Target Pools" tab, check the "Community engagement during Coronavirus lockdown : Probably older residents with usable phone numbers" pool.
- Click "Run Search". You'll now see examples of voters lower down the page but look at the row of buttons at the top.
- Click "Phoning", now select "Set up Virtual Phone Bank List" and click Next. Choose the top option "Use this static list (Fixed set of people)" then click "Continue".
- Enter a suitably memorable name, select the script "London 2020 Coronavirus Support" and set suitable start and end dates. (Today and end of May?)
- On the right hand side of the screen ensure that under "Editable Contact details" both Email and Notes are checked.
- Important: Check that "Don't attempt alternate numbers" is selected (otherwise phone numbers that are registered for TPS may be included.)
- Click "Next" and make a note of the VPB code.
Share the code with others who will join you in phoning.
Thank you and good luck - any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Script Name (this is a guide to what to say and the questions we'll ask)
- London 2020 Coronavirus Support
This script should be shared with all London Party Organisations: if you can't see it email email@example.com
Party HQ Connect Training
These "Quick Sheets" can provided additional information if needed - they are downloadable PDF files and you can print them if you wish. If you don't have a password to access this area, use the "Forgot my password" link and enter the email address you have given the party. You'll receive an email with advice within a few seconds (so if not found, check your "spam" folder!)